Sincere thanks to our wonderful fundraisers who have supported the Euan MacDonald Centre for this year. Their support is truly inspiring: together, in 2017, they have raised over £125,000!
All the funds go directly towards our vital research into MND. They buy chemicals and equipment for our labs, fund PhD students, and enable researchers to present their work and network at conferences. On behalf of all the Centre’s 200+ scientists and health professionals across Scotland, we’d like to say a huge THANK YOU!
Alison, Andy, Craig, Giulia, Jen, John, Katie, Lauren, Maeve, Peter, Simone, Sharon and Vinny took part in the Edinburgh Marathon Festival’s relay race “The Hairy Haggis”.
- Development & Alumni colleagues Annie, Beth, Cara, Carolyn, Emily, Emma, Jill, Karen, Peter, Sanne and Susie took on The Gung-Ho! Seriously Fun 5K which involved scaling ten giant inflatables
- In response to Doddie Weir’s MND diagnosis, rugby fan The Pen GW set-up an online giving page to raise money in aid of MND Research.
- Thomas took part in the Scottish Kilt Walk.
- Lindsay and the Ballater Charitable Chiels hosted their tenth Texas Scramble which sees teams of four compete for the coveted Sandy Barclay Memorial Jug.
- The National Hunt Golf Outing takes place over three days over the golf links of Gullane, North Berwick and Archerfield – this year’s nominated charity was the Euan MacDonald Centre.
- Jim produced a rugby anthems CD which he sells in aid of the Centre.
- Scottish musicians Joanna, Mairi and Rachael presented an evening of music.
- Mike at Aberdeen Grammar Rugby Club donated all the gate receipts and raffle takings from the club’s National 1 League game against Kelso RFC.
- Charles took part in our Halloween Firewalk which saw him walking twenty feet over embers burning at approximately 1,200°F/ 650 °C.
- Scott and Jen organised their fifth annual Just a Sports Quiz.
- Sandy at Arbikie Highland Estate held an online auction and glittering dinner event.
- Mary organised a Coffee, Cakes and Crafts day
- One Voice Singers, Aberdeen, supported the Centre through their annual Christmas Concert.
- Loretto School supported the Centre through their Christmas Market.
- Friends and family of the late Robert Paulley regularly fundraise in aid of the Robert Ferguson Paulley Memorial Fund for MND Research. From running to partying, their fundraising efforts are successful and ongoing.
- Watsonian Football Club has supported the Euan MacDonald Centre since 2008. Many thanks for their generous support of the Centre throughout the season by promotion on strips, pitch side hoarding and in programmes, and fundraising through numerous collections and events.
This year, our fantastic fundraisers were recognised at the Institute of Fundraising Scotland, when we won the award for the best use of community fundraising initiative. This is a fantastic achievement and one that we are all very proud of.
For more information, including links to JustGiving pages, visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/FundraiseYourWay.